If you looking for a coffee machine to use at home or in the office? The semi-automatic espresso machines are the ones you need. They allow you to prepare delicious coffees for a fairly large number of people.
In this comparison, we will present you with a selection of the best semi-professional coffee machines available on the market.
We’ll take a look at:
- 1 #1. Jura Impressa J85:
- 2 #2 De’Longhi 15 bar Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
- 3 #3. Musica Fushia Nuova Simonelli
- 4 #4 Capresso 117.05 Stainless Steel Pump Espresso
- 5 #5. Saeco Aulika One-Touch Focus
- 6 #6 De’Longhi 15 Bar Espresso Machine with Advanced Cappuccino System
- 7 #7. Musica Luxe Nuova Simonelli
- 8 #8 Wacaco Nanopresso Portable Espresso Maker
- 9 #9. Jura Impressa XJ5
- 10 #10 Brewsly 15 Bar Espresso Machine
- 11 How to choose the right semi-automaic espresso machine?
- 12 F.A.Q:
#1. Jura Impressa J85:
This coffee machine is above all distinguished by its improved design compared to its predecessor. The Jura Impressa J85 has a shiny silver finish and is particularly elegant and attractive. The coffee maker is also distinguished by its clear, asymmetrical lines that catch the eye at first glance. It is also equipped with a color TFT screen, which not only gives it a modern look but also makes it more practical and comfortable to use.
But it’s not only the appearance that appeals to the Jura Impressa J85! This semi-professional coffee machine is also rich in functionality. It certainly has all the functions of a semi-professional coffee machine worthy of the name. However, this model stands out from the others with its One-Touch Cappuccino/Latte macchiato function. This function allows users to prepare coffee specialties with milk and milk foam at the touch of a button.
Out of stock
About this item
- Use convenient pods or ground coffee with the patented dual-function filter holder. It makes espresso preparation simple and fast
- Easily prepares latte and cappuccino with the swivel jet frother, for perfect drinks every time. Rated voltage/Frequency (V-Hz)-120-60
- Eliminate annoying start-up preparation with the self-priming operation. On/off switch
- Always brew espresso at the perfect temperature with two separate thermostats, which allow for water and steam pressure to be controlled separately
- Enjoy delicious espresso for years to come with the durable, high-quality stainless steel boiler and 15 bar pump pressure. Note: Refer to the user manual before use. Maximum cup height: 66 centimeter
- The unit has a steam dial to keep close when the consumer does not want to use the frother. If the dial is not fully open water will come out from the coffee spout and the frother. Every cup to your liking 15-bar professional pressure assures quality results every time, and adjustable controls allow you to make modifications for your taste preferences
#3. Musica Fushia Nuova Simonelli
We’ll start with its sleek, elegant design, offering a strong impression of robustness. With its stainless steel body and fuchsia-colored contours, this model is indeed particularly attractive. Overall, the machine has therefore taken up all the aspects of its predecessors and more particularly of the brand’s successful model, the Oscar. However, the Musica Fushia is not equipped with LEDs in its body.
Out of stock
About this item
- FAST AND CONSISTENT: 15 bar pump stainless-steel lined Thermoblock provides the ultimate crema
- FILTER: Includes one sieve for single or double espresso brewing
- EASY TO CLEAN: Innovative self-locking filter holder makes clean-up a breeze
- REMOVABLE WATER TANK: Convenient filling with a 42-ounce removable water tank
- PERFECT FROTH: High-pressure frothing creates the perfect frothing action for cappuccinos or lattes
- HOUSING: Stainless steel with black accents
#5. Saeco Aulika One-Touch Focus
For the design of this semi-professional coffee machine, Saeco preferred to focus on simplicity and sobriety. The Saeco Aulika Focus inherits the classic design of its predecessors. It is grey, with a compact shape and a rather pure design. But we can’t say less about the functionalities it offers. Designed for use in the office or a small break room, this semi-professional coffee maker offers several options for coffee preparation.
Depending on users’ needs and tastes, they can make ristretto, espresso, espresso, espresso coffee, cappuccino, or latte macchiato. Better still, the machine can also be used to make hot milk, milk foam, tea, and herbal tea. In short, it can meet all your hot beverage needs. In terms of handling, the presence of a large screen and its intuitive interface makes it very easy to use. To prepare coffee, the user will only have to press the dedicated button according to the type of coffee he wishes to drink. Note that this coffeemaker is capable of producing up to 30 to 40 coffees per day. It weighs a total of 15 kg with a water tank capacity of 2.2 liters.
Out of stock
About this item
- Every cup to your liking 15-bar professional pressure assures quality results every time, and adjustable controls allow you to make modifications for your taste preferences
- Brew Like a Pro Whatever your preference – single or double espresso, cappuccino or latte – the machine brews authentic barista-quality beverages just like you enjoy at your favorite coffeehouse
- Your foam, your way a manual frother mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth for evenly textured drinks – just the way you like them
- One espresso shot or two? The three-in-one filter holder, included with the unit, has a holder for one espresso shot, a holder for two shots, and one for an easy-serve espresso pod – whatever your preference
- No waiting between cups: The Advanced Cappuccino System maintains the optimal temperature so you can brew cup after cup instantly
- Accommodates taller cups: If you’d prefer a larger size beverage, no problem. The bottom tray of the unit is easy to adjust or remove to fit taller cups
- Sleek space-saving design: With a sleek profile, compact design, and narrow footprint, each model fits beautifully on a kitchen countertop – without taking up too much space
- Convenient water tank: The water tank is simple to remove, refill and reattach, and the water level is easily visible to eliminate the guesswork
- Easy to clean: Removable water tank and drip tray make for easy cleanup, and the parts are dishwasher safe
#7. Musica Luxe Nuova Simonelli
This model is not entirely different from its sister, the Musica Fushia Nuova Simonelli, which we have mentioned above. It has the same design and style. The only difference is the color of the outline of the camera and also its lighting since this model is equipped with LEDs. Of course, the bodywork is made of stainless steel, which makes it both sublime and robust. The various control buttons are also located on the front of the device, with an arrangement that facilitates the use and overall handling of the device.
Out of stock
About this item
- No battery/electricity need/Manual operation only! Nanopresso is one of the best and most versatile espresso machines. Built around a newly patented pumping system, the Nanopresso is capable of reaching, with the help of your hands, a maximum of 18 bars (261 PSI) of pressure for unparalleled coffee extractions qualities.
- Achieving the perfect espresso shot is far from easy. The Nanopresso works best with finely ground coffee that is tamped hard. Thanks to its innovative construction and easy operation, Nanopresso will help you brew perfect cups with a nice and dense crema layer every time.
- It is delightfully easy to operate and simple to use. The Nanopresso requires 15% less force to pump compared to previous models (1st generation Minipresso). When necessary, every component of the portafilter is easily separated for deep cleaning.
- Note: Accessories are sold separately! You can buy Nanopresso NS Adapter or Nanopresso Barista Kit accessories separately to use Nespresso** Original capsules and most compatibles or make double espresso shots. Nanopresso Protective Case also can be purchased from Wacaco.
#9. Jura Impressa XJ5
This semi-professional coffee machine is intended for office use and can meet the needs of a good number of people with its 4L tank. In this respect, it can compete very well with most of the coffee machines of this type currently available on the market. The same goes for design. Sober and uncluttered, the Jura Impressa XJ5 seems to have opted for a classic and simplistic design. This still makes it attractive and also contributes to its ease of use. The front of the machine has everything you need to handle to make coffee.
Out of stock
About this item
- 15 bar professional pressure ensures barista-quality espresso every time, visual pressure gauge and adjustable controls allow you to make coffee for your taste preferences.
- Double temperature control adjusts the temperature of the water and milk foam separately so that the taste of coffee can reach the ideal state, and the milk foam is rich and creamy.
- 2-in-1 filter holder automatically delivers 1 or 2 shots, always the exact amount of espresso you desire. The Double drip tray is easy to remove to fit taller cups, such as latte glasses.
- Adjustable milk frother allows you to adjust the foam and steam levels to customize a variety of delicious espresso-based coffee, dryer foam for cappuccino, and microfoam for a latte.
- 6” wide compact design takes up half the space of other espresso machines. Stainless steel body makes it strong and durable.
How to choose the right semi-automaic espresso machine?
Would you like to get a semi-professional coffee machine for your employees? This is a very good idea! But which one to choose from the many models currently on the market? Discover in this buying guide the various criteria to consider to make the right choice.
The capacity of the water tank
Before choosing your semi-professional coffee maker, first, take the time to count your employees and find out how many of them drink coffee. It is only from these elements that you can know what the right daily quantity of coffee will be that you can offer your employees. And once you have this information in hand, it will be easier for you to find the model of a coffee maker with the right tank capacity. For a company with less than 20 employees, a 2.5 L or 3 L model will be just right for you. However, if your company has more than 40 employees, choose a model with a minimum of 4 L.
And don’t rely solely on the capacity of the water tank. The production performance of the machine should also be taken into account. For a small business, a semi-professional coffee maker capable of making between 30 and 40 cups of coffee per day will certainly suffice. On the other hand, for a larger company, opt for one or two machines capable of making up to 90 cups of coffee per day.
Ease of use and maintenance
For office use, the coffee machine must be easy to use. Because every employee must use it, it is best to avoid complex appliances. For example, when buying a coffee machine, choose a model with several buttons that indicate their respective functions. Better still, if you have the option, it would be best to opt for a machine with a screen that shows users what to do or the process in action.
The same goes for maintenance. Since the coffee maker will be used exclusively in a professional environment, it should be as easy to clean as possible. In this case, it would be ideal to buy a model with removable parts. This will facilitate cleaning and therefore the maintenance of the appliance.
Functionality should be analyzed very carefully when purchasing a semi-professional coffee machine. The quality of the coffee depends largely on it. Some drinkers like long coffees, while others prefer full-bodied or long coffees. So to please everyone, choose a model with different settings depending on the taste and quality of the coffee. Many machine models today have these settings, including the Jura Impressa XJ5 and the Jura Impressa XJ9.
Last but not least, compatibility is also an essential criterion to consider when choosing a semi-professional coffee machine. Before buying the machine, first, make sure that compatible pods or types of coffee are available and accessible on the market. Most coffee makers of this type work with ground coffee. However, some work with pods.
What is the best brand of the espresso machine?
The best? Our favorites are for the automatic espresso machine (with a grinder): the DeLonghi ESAM 3000 B Automatic Espresso Machine (link to the product on Amazon). On the manual espresso machine side (without grinder) the Krups XP344010 Calvi Coffee Machine Pressure 15 Bars.
How to make a good espresso?
Finely flour your very dark coffee bean or simply espresso beans. About 2 teaspoons (30 g of beans) would be enough for a cup of water; put water in the kettle and heat it to a temperature of 93 ° and 95 °C. Wait 30 seconds to infuse.
How do I brew the coffee properly?
When you have ground the coffee in your filter holder, it has formed a small mound. Now you have to level this mound. The most classic technique – and no less effective – is to use your finger and run it close to the filter. The perfect pressure for optimal settling is 15kg.
How to obtain a beautiful Crema?
Crema is the smooth caramel layer on top of the espresso, it gives it texture and taste. It is obtained by extracting the oils from the coffee by the pressure of water on the coffee grounds in the espresso machine. The crema should be briny and thick.
What is the best Delonghi coffee machine?
The Delonghi ECAM 23.420 SW is a grinder coffee machine, probably the best in its range! A bit expensive but if you are looking for the top of the line then this one is for you. Reliable, efficient, powerful, easy to use, it will offer you excellent coffee every day.