Best silent coffee makers with ceramic grinder: If you have a machine with a built-in grinder I bet you have already felt discomfort at least once when making coffee because of the noise of the coffeemaker. This is especially true in the mornings. If you want to let your family sleep in and continue drinking your favorite drink why not opt for a silent coffee machine?
To help you choose the machine that best suits your requirements and needs, we have selected the best coffee makers on the market in this comparative table, taking into account several elements, such as the quality of the coffee, the material used, the design and, of course, the price.
We’ll take a look at:
- 1 #1. Saeco HD8900/01
- 2 #2. Delonghi ESAM4000.B EX 1
- 3 #3. Saeco HD8914/01
- 4 How to choose a silent coffee machine?
- 5 F.A.Q
#1. Saeco HD8900/01
Saeco HD8900/01 Automatic espresso machine Intelia Evo Deluxe Black Classic with Panarello
- Ceramic grinder for an espresso with no burnt taste, adjustable with 10 settings, they guarantee long-lasting performance and maximum silence.
- Classic milk frother for your cream
- Personalize your coffee: Memo function for length, intensity, and temperature
- Removable coffee group, an invention of Saeco, at the heart of the automatic machine, for the greatest simplicity of cleaning.
The automatic espresso machine Saeco HD8900/01 Intelia Evo Deluxe is silent, rest assured (thanks to its ceramic grinder).
Saeco HD8900/01 Intelia Evo Deluxe is a combined coffee machine and therefore has 2 inputs: one for coffee beans and one for ground coffee (so you can make decaf). Contrary to its competitors its grinder has 10 settings that can be saved. Finally, the decanter is automatically steam-cleaned, which ensures a higher level of hygiene.
Coffee in all its forms: ristretto (very short and strong coffee), espresso, long coffee…
Milk drinks: cappuccino, latte macchiato. The coffees are very tasty. Normal would you say for this price?
Saeco HD8900/01 Intelia Evo Deluxe requires permanent maintenance. First of all, you will have to empty the pomace tank often. On average every 4 cups (less often if you take short coffees). Then you will have to empty the water tank almost as often. So expect to wash these accessories often. As for descaling, the machine requires this operation about every 3 months. Please note that if you use the AquaClean filter you can delay the descaling, which will only be necessary after 5,000 cups.
Excellent taste of coffee
Saeco HD8900/01 Intelia Evo Deluxe is irreproachable when it comes to the taste of the coffee. Lovers of milk drinks and intense coffees will be satisfied. On the other hand, the machine is less convenient in terms of maintenance which is too frequent.
Out of stock
About this item:
- Dose control grinding: Integrated conical burr grinder grinds on-demand to deliver the right amount of freshly ground coffee directly into the portafilter for your preferred taste with any roast of the bean
- Precise espresso extraction: Digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal espresso extraction
- Microfoam milk Texturing: The steam wand performance allows you to hand texture micro-foam milk that enhances flavor and enables the creation of latte art
- Grind size dial: Simple and intuitive, giving you control over the grind size no matter what type of bean you’re grinding
- Hands-free operation: Innovative grinding cradle allows any home Barista to grind directly into the espresso port filter
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 1/2 lb.; Water Tank Capacity: 67 oz.
- Settings: Single or double shots; Adjustable grind amount & manual overrides;
- Power 1600 Watts; Volts 120
#2. Delonghi ESAM4000.B EX 1
De’Longhi Magnifica, Espresso machine with grinder, ESAM4000.B, Black
- FRESHLY GROUND COFFEE: The espresso grinder grinds your coffee only at the moment of preparation, and only the necessary amount, to obtain a perfect result, cup after cup.
- EASY TO USE: Make all your favorite beverages directly on the control panel with a single touch.
- RECIPE CHOICE: Enjoy 2 coffee recipes (espresso, double espresso) with indirect access and make all your milk drinks and a creamy milk foam thanks to the steam nozzle.
- CUSTOMIZATION: Personalize and save your drinks according to your tastes (intensity, cup length, and temperature).
- FROM THE GRAIN TO THE CUP: The espresso grinder opens the doors to the world of coffee. Choose your coffee beans at your roaster and discover new terroirs and new aromas.
From a design point of view, it is rather classic and sober. Made of resistant plastic it is no longer a beautiful coffee machine.
Announced as silent, it is not silent. The Delonghi ESAM4000.B EX:1 makes noise when rinsing before and after each use and when its grinder starts up. Too bad.
There are several of them. First of all, it is a combined espresso machine. You will be able to make coffee from beans and already ground coffee. The Delonghi ESAM4000.B also allows you to set :
- The amount of water (from a small cup to bowl)
- The quality of the grind of the grains (more or less finely)
- The dose of coffee per cup (for a stronger or weaker coffee)
Like most silent coffee makers, it rinses and cleans the ducts before and after each use. Note that descaling is simple on this model. Just press a button to activate it. Finally, you can prepare coffee for 2 cups at the same time but let’s admit that in practice the result is not convincing. The problem is that you dilute the intensity of the coffee. Lovers of strong coffees will have to forget about this feature.
It is a model that prepares several drinks, tea, coffee, cappuccino. But so do these competitors. An important point, during the 1st days of use, the coffee can appear without character, even bland. Take time to find the right settings!
Like any espresso machine, the Delonghi ESAM4000.B should be cleaned a few times a year. There is nothing complicated about it. You will need to wash the diffusers with cold water, clean the inside of the machine with a dry brush to remove coffee residue, empty the waste bins.
Combination machine: ground coffee and coffee beans
Possibility to choose the coffee temperature among 4 positions.
Presence of the tab measuring the water hardness
Programming of descaling cycles
Ease of cleaning
Not as quiet as other models
It takes time to find the right settings for the ideal coffee
2 cups at a time: coffee is not intense
The Delonghi ESAM4000.B EX:1 Coffee Robot Magnifica is simple to use, easy to clean, and reliable. The hardest part is to find the right coffee and the right settings but once found, you will be satisfied with the taste. Too bad the coffeemaker is louder than its direct competitors.
Out of stock
About this item
- Sensor grinding technology: Exclusive sensing technology delivers precise, consistent grinding and the optimal dose for espresso, every time. Plus, the bean sensor ensures you’ll never run out of beans while grinding.
- The smart tamping station: Simply pull the lever to tamp the ground coffee with the right pressure for perfect results. There’s no need to remove the porta-filter, so you get to enjoy a mess-free experience.
- Active temperature control with the dual heating system: The best temperature stability for optimal coffee extraction and milk texturing. La Specialist is equipped with two independent heating systems.
- Advanced latte system: Choose your style of froth: Micro-foam frothing for Latte Art or rich froth for a cappuccino. Just place your cup under the spout and select flat or foam. Once it’s finished, you can enjoy your flat hot milk, or the perfect foam to express your latte art creativity.
- 1-second quick start: Power the machine on, grind and tamp your dose, then immediately brew authentic espresso – no additional heat up time necessary. Thanks to a second heating system dedicated to the advanced latte system, you don’t have to wait to steam your milk, either. La Specialist is ready when you are.
- Separate hot water spout: For added convenience, use La Specialist’s separate hot water spout to brew an authentic Americano. And the spout also delivers hot water for tea without the residual coffee taste transferring from the brewing unit.
#3. Saeco HD8914/01
Saeco HD8914/01 Incanto Automatic Coffee Machine Stainless Steel/Black, LCD Screen, Descaling System, Automatic Milk Frother
- Automatic milk frother
- Stainless steel/black finish
- Beverage varieties: Espresso, Lungo, Cappuccino, Hot milk, Hot water
- One-touch’ varieties: 4
- Capacity water tank / grain tank: 1.8 L / 250g
The Saeco HD8914/01 model is equipped with a ceramic mill that is quieter than the steel one. The noise should not attack your ears. A limited number of users are still surprised by the noise emitted by the grinder. Some even find it as noisy as a steel grinder.
Thanks to its stainless steel finish, Saeco HD8914/01 is a design success story. Beautiful and sturdy, it blends well with the colors of all kitchens. However, you should know that this machine is imposing since it weighs a little more than 7kg. Allow room to store it. Several users also report a problem related to the very high coffee outlet (even if you lower it to the maximum). If you are accustomed to using small cups, this can cause splashing.
First of all, you should know that Saeco HD8914/01 is a combination machine. It accepts both coffee beans and already ground coffee. You will be able to personalize your coffee thanks to the 5 intensity settings. You can save the chosen length using the Memo function. This machine offers 5 different levels of grinding, from the finest for an intense espresso to the coarsest for a lighter coffee. To guarantee the best taste of the coffee, the machine proceeds to the automatic washing of the pipes.
Saeco HD8914/01 naturally makes coffee (Espresso, Lungo), cappuccino, and latte macchiato thanks to its milk frother. You can also use it to make tea. Does coffee taste good? Yes, but only if you choose a quality coffee. If you buy the first price coffee, don’t expect miracles.
The main components can be washed in the dishwasher. Be prepared for frequent and extensive cleaning. Empty the tray under the machine and clean the distribution block. Also, if you make cappuccinos or latte macchiato you will have to rinse the milk pipe each time, which is impractical.
Out of stock
About this item
- 15-Bar Italian pump delivers the right amount of pressure for maximum flavor extraction and produces a beautiful layer of crema for your Espresso
- Freshly grind your beans to your preference With the integrated conical burr mill Grinder with 30 adjustable grind settings
- Pre-programmed settings for single and double shots, and dial interface for selecting steam, or hot water
- Includes single- and double-shot single wall filter baskets
- Thermoblock heating technology and PID temperature control delivers even heat for consistently great-tasting Espresso, and gentle pre-infusion blooms The espresso grounds for optimally extracted Espresso
- 58millimeter café-sized portafilter holds more grounds and ensures even water dispersion and extraction for robust flavor
- Removable 2.8 liter water reservoir with hinged lid for easy filling
- Cup warming tray for espresso-ready cups and steam wand froths milk for creating cappuccinos, lattes, and other drinks, just like in coffee shops
How to choose a silent coffee machine?
Are you planning to buy a silent coffee machine? It’s a great idea! Our guide lists the different criteria that will help you find the ideal model.
The ceramic grinder
This is an essential point to consider! Only machines equipped with a ceramic mill are silent (which is not always the case). Steel mills, although stronger, make much more noise.
Ease of maintenance
Maintenance can quickly become a tedious task. Think about how often it should be done and choose an espresso machine with dishwasher-safe accessories.
What is the best coffee machine with a grinder?
The Melitta E950-222 is considered the best coffee machine with grinder by numerous comparisons and customer tests. The Melitta E950-222 offers three temperature levels, three coffee intensity levels, and three grind fineness levels, allowing the whole family to drink their favorite coffee.
Which Jura coffee machine should I choose?
The Jura coffee machine ENA Micro 5 13628
The Jura ENA Micro 5 automatic coffee machine is characterized by its simplicity. The Jura ENA Micro 5 is … It can prepare one or two coffees at the same time and grinds the beans itself. The machine is compact and particularly easy to use.
How do I choose a bean-to-cup coffee machine?
4 tips to choose your coffee machine with grinder:
#1. Your machine must be fast
#2. Must work for both bean and ground coffee. Choose a model that accepts both coffee beans and ground coffee or even ESE pods.
#3. Your machine needs space.
#4. Must be economical.
Which Delonghi espresso grinder to choose from?
Which Delonghi coffeemaker to choose from? The coffee machine that ranks high in our ranking is the Dinamica ECAM 350.35 SB. A grinder is included in this coffeemaker. This allows you to enjoy freshly ground coffee in every cup.
What is the ideal amount of coffee to make an espresso?
The coffee dosage
Commonly, 7g of grind is needed for one cup and 14g for two cups. Nothing prevents you from using a little less grind (6g) for a lighter coffee, or a little more (8 to 9g) for a stronger espresso.